For information about Sex Offender Classification levels and other pertinent facts, please visit the Sex Offender Registry Board Website.
A sex offender is any person who resides, works or attends an institution of higher learning in the Commonwealth and who has been convicted of a sex offense, or who has been adjudicated as a youthful offender or as a delinquent juvenile by reason of a sex offense, or a person released from incarceration or parole or probation supervision or custody with the department of youth services for such a conviction or adjudication, or a person who has been adjudicated a sexually dangerous person or a person released from civil commitment on or after August 1, 1981.
Current Level 3 Sex Offenders Living in Townsend:
Other Links to Sex Offender Information:
Massachusetts Sex Offender Online Search Page – Please be advised that level 2 sex offenders that were classified AFTER July 12, 2013 may now appear in this search. Level 2 offenders classified as such PRIOR to July 12, 2013 remain available only by inquiry to the Townend Police Department.
Resources for Additional Information & Assistance
- Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry Board – (978) 740-6500
- Massachusetts Parole Board – (617) 727-3271
- Office of the Commissioner of Probation – (617) 727-5300
- Department of Public Health – Sexual Assault Prevention and Survivor Services – (617) 624-5457
- Jane Doe Inc: The Massachusetts Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence – (617) 248-0922
- Stop It Now – (413) 268-3096
- Massachusetts Citizens for Children – (617) 742-8555
- Massachusetts Association for Treatment of Sexual Abusers (MATSA) – (508) 650-4800
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children – (800) THE-LOST (843-5678)
- KlaasKids – (415) 331-6867
- Center for Sex Offender Management – (301) 589-9383