In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 and in keeping with the Governor’s social distancing guidelines, the Townsend Police Department is making some additional changes to our daily operations and services that we provide.
- Fingerprinting services are temporarily suspended.
- New and renewal firearms license applications should be mailed to the department attention “Firearms Licensing.” Applications can be found online here:
https://www.mass.gov/how-to/apply-for-a-firearms-license. The in-person portion of the licensing process including interviews, fingerprinting and photographing is suspended. Licensees who apply for a renewal prior to the expiration of their license (and who get a receipt acknowledging so), will remain valid until such time as the agency approves or denies the license. Additional questions regarding the LTC/FID process should be directed to Lt. Mark Giancotti (978) 597-6214 ext. 1506.
- Records requests should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 978-597-6214 ext. 1501.
- We ask that citizens refrain from delivering food items to the department. While we greatly appreciate the sentiment and support, it is imprudent to accept food at this time.
- The administration of the Townsend Police Department will remain available to meet with citizens by appointment only. Please call to schedule an appointment.
While not necessarily in keeping with the Townsend Police Department’s customary approach to citizen relations, these changes are necessary in light of the public health emergency we are facing. We understand the inconvenience that these changes may cause and hope to return business as usual as soon safely possible.
Interim Chief of Police