AmeriCorps – Community Outreach Initiative Network Coordinator Position.
The Northwest Middlesex County Community Outreach Initiative Network (COIN) is a collaboration among 10 police departments — Pepperell, Ashby, Townsend, Groton, Shirley, Ayer, Boxborough, Dunstable, Westford and Littleton – committed to addressing mental health issues and substance abuse disorders in their communities. Through its partnership with Family Continuity, a local mental health provider, COIN has brought in a mental health clinician to assist the departments with finding help for their residents in need and diverting them from the criminal justice system.
A grant has been received for a coordinator position for our area.
The program coordinator will work with COIN’s part-time interim health clinician and will:
- Perform general outreach and help with awareness activities
- Organize fundraisers and open house style awareness events, and compile information for outreach packets
- Assist with locating and reviewing treatment facilities
- Help police departments with referrals and data collection
- Attend/take notes on steering committee and working group meetings
- Organize prescription drug and needle disposal throughout member towns
- Represent COIN at local awareness group meetings such as North Middlesex Cares and the Societal Heroin Addiction Awareness Resource Project.
The program coordinator will receive a monthly living allowance of $1,152.50, health insurance, professional development opportunities, and valuable experience working in the field.
Those interested in applying for the central area should do so here.